Wait List Procedure
Children are placed on Rainbow’s End waitlist according to the date of application (date the parent requested to be placed on the waitlist) and birth date of the child. Parents are encouraged to place their child’s name on the waitlist well in advance of the time childcare is needed. To be placed on the waitlist, parents must call or visit Rainbow’s End Administrative Office to complete a waitlist form.
Once a child is placed on the waitlist, it is the parent's responsibility to maintain current contact information including address, phone number and email. Rainbow’s End uses the information provided by the parent to make contact when an opening occurs and to mail update forms. Parents assume responsibility if response deadlines are missed due to out-of-date information.
Slots become available when currently enrolled children meet developmental milestones and transition to other classes. Due to the number of currently enrolled children and the number of names on the waitlist, there is no way to predict if or when a space will be available.
Waitlist priority is given to siblings of children already enrolled at the Center and those seeking full-time enrollment. Openings are filled from the waitlist as soon as they become available. If a space becomes available and there are no currently enrolled children ready to transition, the following procedures are followed:
- The next family on the waitlist who fits the age criteria and is in need of current placement will be notified. The notification will include a response date.
- If the parent does not respond by the requested date, the next parent on the waitlist will be contacted.
- If a parent does not respond, the child’s name will be removed from the waitlist.
- If a parent responds but declines the slot, the child’s name will be removed from the waitlist. Or, by the parents’ request, the child’s name will be placed at the bottom of the waitlist.
- If there is no child on the waitlist who meets the age criteria or needs current placement, children will be accepted on a walk-in basis.
- When a parent accepts the slot, the slot is not secured or guaranteed until all admissions criteria is verified and the Registration Fee and Deposit are received.
- The Deposit must be received within 5 business days of acceptance or the slot will be forfeited.
Waitlist forms are updated each semester. It is the parent’s responsibility to return the forms by the deadline to remain on the waiting list.